The program strengthen your child's ability for meaningful social relationships.
Social skills are the foundation for getting along with others and lacking this important skill can lead to peer rejection, feelings of isolation which can lead to emotional difficulties, bullying and difficulty in making friends.
Groups are run three times per week for 2 hours. Each member's progress is periodically assessed and goals and curriculum are adjusted accordingly.
Toddler Social Skills Topics
1. Greeting peers
2. Initiating interactions
3. Sharing with peers
4. Taking turn
5. Joint Attention and cooperative play
6. Following Directions
7. Making eye contact
8. Problem solving skills
Elementary Social Skills Topics
1. Interest in others
2. Building friendships and relationships
3. Developing flexibility within play
4. Increasing engagement and expanding conversation skills
5. Developing perspective taking abilities.
6. Learning how to be appropriately assertiveness and mastering appropriate conflict resolution skills.
Middle School Social Skills Topics
1. Strengthening fundamental social skills while learning how to generalize skills across various people and environment.
2. Mix conversation
3. Experience sharing
4. Role Play
6. Changing peer relationships and pressures
7. Developing social confidence
8. Conflict resolution
High School Social Skills Topics
1. Strengthen social awareness and the ability to interpret social cues
2. Conflict resolution
3. socially appropriate behaviors across context
Benefits of Social Skills Group
1. Children learn age appropriate behaviors to apply in social situations.
2. Children interact and learn from each other.
3. Children have the opportunity to practice the skills with peers in a supportive environment.
Parent training is an important component of any successful treatment. Through this program, parents learn to apply the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA) to ensure the child success.
Benefits of parent education and training
1. Improve your child's communication
2. Decrease problem behaviors
3. Promote independence
4. Ensure consistency across setting.
The program offers the opportunity for students to succeed academically. Our specialize K-12 educational program offers various levels of flexibility, personalized instruction, virtual tutoring assistance in all academic subjects, and one-to-one support for children who do not adapt to traditional public or private school in grades K-12.
· Greater educational freedom
· Satisfaction that your child is learning, developing real life skills, and maturing in a way that aligns to your goals and values
· Build stronger relationships with your child
· You child will not have to suffer social pressure, bullying, violence, gun, etc.
· Increase self-esteem and motivation
· Self-paced learning
· Greater socialization
Telebehavioral health consists of an applied behavior analyst working at a remote location, providing the same kind of evaluations and therapy they would in the office, but through live videoconferencing.
Telebehavioral health serves as an alternative to in-person behavioral health services. Even for families that live in communities where ABA services are readily available, remote therapy sessions can be a very convenient way to maximize the frequency of therapy and augment the benefits of in-person sessions.
Our Virtual ABA Program includes:
· Functional Behavior Assessment
· Behavior Plan with strategies to address specific behaviors
· Parent education and training
· ABA program implementation
· Supervision and monitoring of program
Services take place at home.
Parent/caregiver participation is required
Recommended hours are based on the results of the behavioral assessment and evidence-based research.
· Maximize the frequency of therapy
· Lower treatment cost
· Improvement in parent’s stress level
· Increase the family ability to communicate with your child
Child and Teen counseling help children to cope and feel better with their environment. The therapy focus on young childre, teens, and adolescents with one or mental challenges. The goal is to break down problems into manageable parts so children can better understand and cope with them better.
The program focuses on helping children and teens with developmental delays, disabilities and challenges improve their cognitive, social, motor and functional skills. this include walking, speaking, learning, playing, dressing, eating, working and participating in leisure activities.
Copyright © 2019 MGM Academy - All Rights Reserved.